Last updated: Mar 1, 2023
Emotional affirmations are positive statements or phrases that can be used to influence our emotions.
They help us to focus our thoughts on the positive in order to change the way we think and, ultimately, how we feel.
Most often, this is done by repeating the affirmation out loud—either to oneself, or as part of a larger group practice.
The idea behind emotional affirmations is that they will eventually become self-fulfilling prophecies if repeated enough times.
In other words, if you keep telling yourself something positive over and over again, you’re more likely to believe it and start seeing results in your life. The aim is to replace any negative beliefs that may be holding you back with more empowering ones.
Examples of emotional affirmations:
Working with emotional affirmations in English can be fun and powerful depending on how you approach them.
Try writing your own personalised affirmations that reflect who you are and where you want to go in life—this will only make them more effective.
You might also consider starting off small, with simple one-word phrases such as ‘love', 'joy' or 'inspire'.
Or even simply repeating an affirmation out loud can help shift your perspective when feeling down or overwhelmed.
Visualization techniques are a powerful tool when combined with emotional affirmations.
This combination can help us to manifest our intentions and create the life we desire.
Visualization is a cognitive technique in which we use mental images to bring about positive change in our lives by focusing on what it is that we want to achieve.
When combining visualization techniques with emotional affirmations, it is important to focus on what you wish for and how this will make you feel when it comes true.
Focusing on both the image of your goal as well as the emotion behind it will help to solidify your intention and bring it into reality.
Try using some form of visualisation either before or after speaking the affirmation aloud—this could involve imagining a bright light surrounding yourself or picturing yourself succeeding at whatever it is you wish to achieve.
1. I am courageous, and I am unafraid to face anything that comes my way.
2. I trust myself and the courage within me to take calculated risks.
3. I honor my courageousness, and know it will never guide me astray.
4. I have the strength to take on any challenge with boldness and courage.
5. I am capable of being brave in times when others would fail.
6. My courage is contagious, giving others hope and inspiration to be brave too.
7. I will not let fear stop me from achieving my dreams, no matter how daunting they might seem.
8. I am empowered by my courage and believe in myself above all else.
9. I stand tall and proud in the face of adversity, sure of my courage which guides me through.
10. I recognize my courageousness as a superpower that leads me to success every time.
1. I choose to love myself, and am worthy of being loved in return.
2. I find joy and fulfillment in feeling my own worth.
3. I accept all parts of myself, both the good and the bad.
4. I reclaim and embrace my power, owning who I am without apology or hesitation.
5. My strength and courage are remarkable, and I trust in them fully.
6. I am a capable and independent being, emotionally and mentally equipped for life's challenges.
7. I exist in the world with purpose, knowing that I have the potential to make real changes.
8. I practice self-compassion, understanding that it is ok to make mistakes and learn from them.
9. I allow myself moments of positivity despite setbacks, staying resilient in difficult times.
10. Lovingly, I nurture myself at every turn, working towards a genuine sense of appreciation and self-esteem.
1. I am worthy and deserving of love, joy, and respect
2. I have the courage to live an authentic life
3. I embrace my own beauty and divine power
4. I exude strength and resilience in any situation
5. I trust in my abilities to create meaningful change
6. I am capable of achieving my dreams and goals
7. I am confident and unafraid to take risks
8. I boldly express my voice, ideas, and beliefs
9. I am enough as I am, in every way
10. I unconditionally accept myself for who I am